14 November 2017

Sephora 15-20% Off "VIBR" Sale 2017

It's nearly over, and I'm sure you have seen even for weeks preceding the start of the Rouge weekend (November 3rd 2017) that this would be happening. It's an exciting time but also fairly rage-inducing. Customers set alarms in the dead of the night and line up at ungodly hours at brick and mortar stores to order hot-ticket items they don't want to sell out. I am definitely guilty, as I didn't quite hit Rouge before the cut-off and had to wait to start shopping on the VIB/BI weekend, starting this past Friday on November 10th.

I made 3(!!!!) online orders because I couldn't decide and added stuff after the fact. I also went in-store yesterday and picked up makeup items. All of my online orders are skincare, fragrance, and hair products. I really didn't want much makeup-wise this year. Or really ever again, if I'm honest with myself. If I never purchase another lipstick in my life I would be doing myself a huge favour!

Here is what I purchased in my local Sephora:


1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture eyeshadow palette (regular $55CAD)
2. Cover FX Illuminating Prime & Set (regular $35CAD)
3. Elizabeth & James Choose Your Nirvana Floral Edition (regular $36CAD)

First of all, I was never thrilled about the colour story or drama surrounding Subculture. I thought it would be difficult to make complete looks, and I never gave it a second thought or even once considered purchasing it. It was very easy to overlook the entire release and act like it didn't happen. But then Prism came out and I have to admit that even after my post looking for dupes and stating I wouldn't be buying, I ended up getting it. I have had SO much fun with the Prism palette and I adore the metallic/shimmer shades. I hadn't had a single trouble with Prism's colours or formula, so when I came across some swatches of Subculture again.. I was smitten. A magic switch flipped between one week and the next and I really wanted to get Subculture. 



I have a couple really minor complaints - Cube is quite sheer and even difficult to apply with fingers, Roxy is quite powdery, and Axis stains a bit. But I don't mind these "problems" and can work with them. It's not at all like everyone said when it first came out and people were hitting pan with one application. It's crazy pigmented and kicks up a bit of powder but that's all in the method and application.

I bought the Cover FX set because I have never tried any of their products before. I have a feeling I might be a convert to the setting spray.

I love buying and sampling new fragrances. I will likely be purchasing a larger version of the Nirvana Rose ("a seductive floral blend embodying the heart of a dark rose with notes of Rose De Mai, Geranium, and Vetiver for a sultry refined scent with intrigue"). 

The rest of my "haul" looks like this (I ordered November 10th but honestly it hasn't even shipped and likely won't this week. I know they're busy with the sale so I can't fault anyone. I know some people ordered the 3rd and 4th and still don't have packages): 

  • OLEHENRIKSEN A Brighter Truth™ Brightening Essentials Set
  • NEST Indigo On-The-Go Set
  • Origins Origins Bestsellers
  • Foreo LUNA™ mini 2
  • Drunk Elephant Volume 1: Hot Date™
  • Drunk Elephant Volume 3: Let's Dew It™
  • Drunk Elephant Volume 2: Come C About Me™
  • First Aid Beauty Tales of FAB Skin
  • Too Faced Kabuki Brush
  • Verb Waves & Texture Kit



What did you buy or order?
How's the shipping going for you if you ordered online?

No comments:

Post a Comment