16 May 2017

Favourites 2017: Moisturizers

Hello!

I have decided to make a series about my favourite skincare items that I regularly use, focusing on one category of products at a time. I was going to begin at the "beginning" of a routine (e.g. cleansers, cleansing oils) but I was too excited about some of my moisturizing stars to start with anything else.



























1. Stratia Liquid Gold is formulated with sea buckthorn oils and a plethora of other yummy ingredients that are AMAZING for the skin. From the creator's description of the product:

"Your skin’s moisture barrier (the stratum corneum, or outermost layer of the epidermis) has a bricks-and-mortar structure: the bricks are skin cells called corneocytes, and the mortar is a fatty mixture made up of ceramidescholesterol, and free fatty acids. This mixture keeps your skin healthy, clear, and resilient. If it’s compromised, it can lead to skin that’s:
  • Flaky
  • Simultaneously dry and oily
  • Lax, sallow, or dull
  • Itchy and/or easily irritated
  • Extremely sensitive
  • Acne-prone
Liquid Gold is formulated with ceramides, cholesterol, and fatty acids to mimic and strengthen your natural moisture barrier. By healing your dehydration and replenishing that fatty mixture in your stratum corneum, you can address the above symptoms and discover healthy, bouncy, resilient skin."

My skin isn't typically flaky, dry, or acne-prone, so I wasn't sure if this would be too heavy duty for my needs or not. I just wanted to try it and benefit from the ingredients to maintain well hydrated skin. I was so happy to see that my skin felt soft and plump and looked even in texture and tone even within the first 3 days of using this product. It's a light, bright yellow cream that absorbs and feels like an oil. The packaging is a heavy frosted glass with a pump that works fantastically. It has been given the esteemed title of "holy grail" by fans on Instagram and blogs, but don't like the love fool you into passing it by as an overhyped product. It truly is a great treatment and moisturizer for day and night. 
Available on stratiaskin for $24

2. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is just one option for moisturizers from Clinique. They have many products and recommended skincare routines for specific skin types. Many are also big fans of their Moisture Surge and the Moisturizing Lotion. The Gel is marketed for combination/oily skin, but as someone with normal skin, I find it lightweight and effective. It absorbs quickly and layers well with other skincare products, sun protection, and makeup. I will not repurchase another basic every day moisturizer because it's so great when you need to moisturize but not necessarily treat or mask or go overboard.
Available at Clinique.ca for $34

3. COSRx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask is perfect when I'm looking for something a bit more occlusive and nourishing. It is marketed to have multiple methods of application and use, however I prefer it as a sleeping pack (as the last step before I go to sleep, and after my other skincare steps in the PM). They say you can use it as a wash off mask or as a day cream as well. I find that it absorbs well and is quite moisturizing, leaving my face bright and smooth in the morning. The star ingredient is supposed to be the rice extract. Sometimes Wishtrend has a duo with this mask and the honey mask for around $20.
Available on Wishtrend for approximately $13-16

4. COSRx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask is another good moisturizer that I love to use as a sleeping pack. The star ingredient here is the propolis extract. I do find this one a bit sticky and I don't feel as though it dries down or absorbs completely, but it does feel moisturizing enough and I believe it does calm some redness. I especially enjoy using it with snail mucin products for redness in my skin.
Available on Wishtrend for approximately $13-16

What is your "holy grail" moisturizer and what do you expect that product to achieve?

No comments:

Post a Comment